What is vulvitis?

Also known as: Inflammation of the vulva, vulva inflammation

The vulva refers to the soft folds of skin on the outside of the vagina. When these become inflamed or irritated, this is known as vulvitis.

Reviewed by: Jack Wolfsdorf, MD, FAAP

This page was last updated on: 1/29/2019 3:21:13 PM

© 2023 Nicklaus Children's Hospital. All Rights Reserved.