If your child is having surgery or a cardiac catheterization at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, let our Child Life Department help prepare you and your child for their surgery.
A Child Life Specialist will provide all of the following:
- Surgical teaching sessions using child friendly language.
- Medical play sessions to enhance understanding of medical equipment and supplies.
- Tour of specific areas to familiarize them with the sight and sounds of the hospital.
- Helpful information and resources to parents and siblings.
- Opportunities to answer any questions the child may have about their surgery or what will happen when they come to the hospital.
The Child Life Pre-Surgical Orientation Program is offered every Tuesday afternoon at 4:30 p.m..
You need to reserve so please register by calling (305)666-6511 ext. 3932
* The program is designed for children ages 3 and up.
If you have any questions or need more information about Child Life and the services we provide, please contact the Child Life Department at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital.
Please use these Educational Programs for You and Your Family
There is a lot of information to take in. This is why we’re partnering with you to give you as much information as possible about your childs health.
Click here to find out more.