Meet our March Patient of the Month, Theodore. Theodore was diagnosed with cleft palate, cleft lip and a heart problem when he was only 18 weeks old. After he was born, Theodore had to be admitted into the NICU to be able to perform the necessary surgeries for him to live a healthy life.
Grace was transferred to Nicklaus Children’s for what referring doctors believed were complications associated with neonatal sepsis. Soon after, the care team learned Grace had an enlarged failing heart due to hypoplastic left heart syndrome, a complex congenital heart defect that essentially means the baby was born with half a heart.
Comunicados de Prensa Relacionados
Nicklaus Children’s has more inpatient units recognized with Beacon Awards than any other children’s hospital in the nation.
A week after Hurricane Maria devastated the Island of Puerto Rico as a category five storm, three patients awaiting complex heart surgeries were evacuated for medical reasons from University Children's Hospital in San Juan, Puerto Rico to Nicklaus Children’s for critical care.
En los Noticieros Locales
The young men are special education students who run the gift shop with their classmates, all of whom have autism or an intellectual disability. Together, the students order merchandise, stock the shelves, serve customers and calculate profits.
For an 11-month-old boy in Denver, ingesting marijuana may have triggered a heart problem that ultimately led to his death, according to a recent report of the case.
If the report's hypothesis is true, the case would mark the first time a person has died from a marijuana overdose. But the findings are far from definitive — as a single case, the report cannot prove that marijuana exposure was actually the cause of the infant's death.