Cardiovascular Stress Lab
The Heart Program provides a variety of diagnostic testing in our stress lab, including:
- Treadmill stress tests
- Cardiopulmonary exercise tests
- Myocardial perfusion stress tests
Myocardial perfusion imaging is designed to:
- Evaluate the presence and extent of suspected or known coronary artery disease.
- Determine the extent of injury to the heart following a heart attack, or myocardial infarction.
- Evaluate the results of coronary artery surgical intervention or other revascularization procedures designed to restore blood supply to the heart.
- Evaluate heart-wall movement and overall heart function with a technique called cardiac gating.
This is the story of how the Heart Program at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, determined to repair Teegan’s heart, used innovative techniques to figure out the best way to treat her condition.