Cardiovascular Stress Lab
The Heart Program provides a variety of diagnostic testing in our stress lab, including:
- Treadmill stress tests
- Cardiopulmonary exercise tests
- Myocardial perfusion stress tests
Myocardial perfusion imaging is designed to:
- Evaluate the presence and extent of suspected or known coronary artery disease.
- Determine the extent of injury to the heart following a heart attack, or myocardial infarction.
- Evaluate the results of coronary artery surgical intervention or other revascularization procedures designed to restore blood supply to the heart.
- Evaluate heart-wall movement and overall heart function with a technique called cardiac gating.