2011 Research & Publications
2011 Nursing Research
- Lourdes Lopez-Fernandez, MSN, RN, Carla Le Blanc MSN, RN, CPN, Ingrid Gonzalez, MSN, RN, CPN, Deborah Hill Rodriguez, MSN, ARNP, PNCS-BC, Elena Ortega MSN, ARNP, CCRN, Michelle Burke, MSN, ARNP, CPN, CPON, Kristeen Roberts, MSN, ARNP, CPN, Jacqueline Whyte, BSN, RN, CPN. “The Effect of Heparin Dosing on the Occlusion Rates of Children with Central Lines.”
- Raquel Pasaron DNP, ARNP, FNP-C. “Nurse Practitioner Job Satisfaction: Looking for Successful Outcomes.”
- Deborah Salani MSN, ARNP, CPON, NE-BC. “The Effect of Nurse Staffing on Patients in PICU.”
- Dobrolet, N. & Nieves, J. “New Approach to Interstage Care for Palliated High-Risk Patients with Congential Heart Disease.”
- Nieves J, Mora J. “Family Stress, Coping, and Outcomes Following the Diagnosis of Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) in a Newborn.”
- Nieves J, Whalen R, Roach C, Monzon V, Zabrisky J, Zakheim R. “Survey of Parental Knowledge and Assessment of Life-Long Care Campaign. Multicenter study group through Adult Congenital Heart Association.”
- Nieves, J. “Home Surveillance and Feeding Strategies in Infants with Complex Single Ventricle.”
2011 Nursing Publications
- Messmer, P.R., Hill-Rodriguez, D., William, A., Ernst, M., Tahmooressi, J. Perceived Value of National Certification for Pediatric Nurses. The Journal For Continuing Education in Nursing (42) 9, 421-432.
- Fernandes SM, Verstappen A, Ackerman K, Adams EE, Barton C, Crumb S, Dummer K, Harada K, Khairy P, Landzberg MJ, Linstead-Goldsmith R, Meadows AK, Nieves JA, Saidi A, Takahashi M, Zhou J, Ziniel S & Williams R. (2012). Parental knowledge regarding lifelong congenital cardiac care. Pediatrics, 128 (6),1489-95.
- Gonzalez, J. & Hernandez, L. (Jan 2011). Chronic health problems and interventions for the childrearing family in Rosenberg, M. & Rae Pehler, S. ed. Encyclopedia of Family Health.
- Pasarón, R. (2011). Clinical problem-solving: Three rare conditions-one pediatric surgical patient. Journal of Pediatric Nursing. (In press).
- Pasaron, R. (2011). Name that diagnosis: Lactobezor. SUTURELINE, 19(2), p. 12, 16.
- Diana-Zerpa, J. (2011). Performance anxiety 101: Enhancing professional presentations. SUTURELINE, 19(2), 6-9.
- Alkhoury, F., Burnweit, C. Knight, C., Stylianos, S., Diana, J., Pasarón, R., Mora, J., Aserlind, A., & Malvezzi, L. Prospective comparison of non-narcotic versus narcotic out-patient oral analgesic use <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21911634> after laparoscopic appendectomy and early discharge. Department of Pediatric Surgery, Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital; Florida International University College of Medicine, Miami, FL, United States. American Pediatric Surgical Association Annual Scientific Meeting, 2012, San Antonio, TX. Accepted for podium presentation
- Raquel Pasarón: Nominated--Program Chair, American Pediatric Surgical Nurses Association, 2012-2014.
- Alkhoury, F., Burnweit, C. Knight, C., Stylianos, S., Diana, J., Pasarón, R., Mora, J., Aserlind, A., & Malvezzi, L. Routine same-day discharge after acute or interval appendectomy in children: A prospective study. Annals of Surgery. Accepted for publication.
- Dean, P. (2011). Counseling of parents of a child with uncontrolled seizures. Seminars in Pediatric Neurology, 18, 209-212.
- Raquel Pasaron whose manuscript, "Clinical problem-solving: Three rare conditions-one pediatric surgical patient" has been accepted for publication in Journal of Pediatric Nursing
- Browne, N.T., Flanigan, L.M., McComiskey, C.A., & Pieper, P. (Eds.) (2012). Nursing Care of the Pediatric Surgical Patient (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- Raquel Pasaron has been asked to be content expert for the Appendicitis chapter. Jeannette Diana is Associate Editor of this textbook.
- Diana, J., & Shapiro, T. (2012). Malrotation and volvulus. In Browne, N.T., Flanigan, L.M., McComiskey, C.A., & Pieper, P. (Eds.) (2012). Nursing Care of the Pediatric Surgical Patient (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- JoAnn Nieves, MSN, CPN, ARNP, PNP-BC, Nurse Practitioner, Cardiology,Congratulation for publication on the Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery, March 12, 2011.