For Rotating Residents
If you are a resident or fellow from an approved residency program that Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, is not affiliated with, please contact the Department of Medical Education for details on how to set up an elective rotation. We will do the best to work with you to have your request fulfilled but cannot guarantee any rotation.
The Medical Education Office will need the following from you prior to starting your rotation:
For more information, please email Danays Hernandez at: Medical.Education@mch.com
- Application Form (to be completed for each noncontiguous rotation at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital)
- Copy of ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- Questions answered (80% passing rate required) and signed acknowledgment from the on-line orientation
- Florida Medical License or Training License required (Nicklaus Children's Hospital Medical Education staff will check)
- Nicklaus Children's Hospital Medical Education Office must have current rotation schedule or approval letter from your sponsoring hospital
- A signed contract between Nicklaus Children's Hospital and the parent program
- You will be required to get a Nicklaus Children's Hospital ID badge made your first day, which is required to be worn visibly at all times while on campus.