Sponsor a Special Event
Thank you for your interest in hosting a Special Event for our patients and families at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital. We welcome your Special Event ideas.
What is a Special Event?
Special Events refer to visits that allow our patients the opportunity for hands-on participation and involvement via unique experiences and activities. Since many of our programs already provide ample craft and play opportunities daily, we value your creativity in proposing a visit which will provide our patients with a “one-of-a-kind” activity. This is your time to explore your talents and skills and share them with our patients and families!
Ideas for Special Events:
- Jewelry making with unique beads/wires/materials
- Magic shows
- Dance, theater and/or musical performances
- Visits by sports figures and celebrities
- Visits by original costumed characters
Please ensure that your proposed idea will be enjoyable to a wide audience. Nicklaus Children's Hospital serves patients from birth to 21 years of age.
Where Special Events Occur
Below are the areas of the hospital which are available for Special Events:
- Children's Experiences Areas
- Michael Fux Family Center
- Radio Lollipop Program
- Early Learning Center
- Psychiatry Unit
Rules and Guidelines
- 15 years of age or older
- Up-to-date immunization for Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella
- Flu shot vaccine recommended
- Excellent health on day of visit
- Guarantees Patient and Family rights to Confidentiality and Privacy
- DO NOT inquire about a patient’s condition or hospital stay
NUMBER OF ATTENDEES:
- Photography and videography not allowed on campus
- Special requests must be coordinated with the Marketing Department at least two weeks prior to event
TOYS & DISTRIBUTION:
- No more than five members of your organization may participate, including an adult leader
- All individuals must be accompanied by a Nicklaus Children’s Hospital staff member or approved volunteer while in the hospital
- Patient participation varies based on census and medical condition
- No distribution of toys, prizes, gifts, food or candy unless approved by Children's Experiences, Michael Fux Family Center or Volunteer Resources staff prior to date of event
- No toys, movies or video games containing violence; no R-rated movies or M-rated video games
- Only new, unwrapped toys can be distributed to children
- No religious-oriented entertainment, activities or gifts
- Nicklaus Children's Hospital is a latex-free facility and cannot accept any latex products, including balloons
- Organization may be split into smaller groups due to limited time and space; please come prepared to do so
- Make-up, face paint and tattoo applications must be individual; one sponge/brush per patient
- All perishable food must be prepared and delivered by a licensed and insured vendor or catering company. Arrangements must be made with Children's Experiences, Michael Fux Family Center or Volunteer Resources in order to keep foods at safe temperatures during the event
- Any shelf stable items must be purchased and arrive at the function in a sealed package within dated expiration time-frame
- No homemade food, beverage or candy items are allowed
- Please avoid serious allergens like peanuts and tree nuts
- A detailed list of all food items that will be provided to patients must be submitted one week prior to the event
- In order to be in compliance with any dietary restrictions, on the date of the event all admitted patients will have their existing diet order cross-referenced with any food items being provided
FLYERS & MATERIALS:
- Individuals must be responsible, friendly, clean and well-mannered at all times
- Child-friendly attire is appreciated
- No shorts, tank tops, midriffs, or miniskirts
- No high heels are allowed in patio area of the Playroom
- Must be sent two weeks prior to event for approval and will be distributed by staff
- Groups cannot distribute flyers, informational or promotional materials
- Remember that children of all ages and abilities will be attending
- Most difficult population to provide for are infants/toddlers and adolescents, thus please keep in mind when gathering donations and preparing activity
Cancellations must be made 48 HOURS PRIOR to the event.
Application Process for Your Special Event Visit
Please read and complete the application, save and email back to Nuria.Claramunt@mch.com. Your proposal will be reviewed and once approved, a confirmation email will be sent to you. If your event is less than four weeks from application submittal date, please call 786-624-4431 for consultation.
Thank you once again for your interest in bringing joy through your event to our patients at Nicklaus Children's Hospital.